Are you planning on relocating or buying a vacation home in Lake Havasu City? Take a break from your hunt for the perfect Lake Havasu real estate for a moment to read a few fun facts about this much-loved desert beach oasis! Once you've learned a few interesting facts and are ready to continue the hunt, be sure to contact Realty ONE Group Mountain Desert to help guide your search and lead you to your dream Lake Havasu home! Spring is here and the water is fine, we'll see you at the lake!
- Lake Havasu City was established by Robert P. McCulloch, Sr. in 1963, designed to be a self-sufficient, planned community.
- Lake Havasu City is about 3 hours from Phoenix by car and about 2.5 hours from Las Vegas.
- Around 775,000 people visit Lake Havasu each year.
- Lake Havasu is almost always a warm retreat from colder climates with over 300 days of sun per year!
- As of 2013, the population of LHC was 52,844 strong, and it is located in one of the fastest growing counties in the U.S. (Mohave County) thanks to affordable housing and a the climate making it a great place to own second homes.
- Lake Havasu has more than 400 miles of beautiful coastline with sandy ocean-like beaches.
- South of Lake Havasu you will find the beautiful Bill Williams National Wildlife Refuge, a 6150-acre habitat home to the Bill Williams River, native fish and migrating birds.
- Lake Havasu is home to 21 hotels & motels as well as 8 RV parks & campgrounds.
- There are over 139 restaurants in LHC including Italian, American, Asian, Mexican, sports bars, fast food and more!
Images used under creative commons license – commercial use (4/22/2016) Matt Kieffe (Flickr)